Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Inside Man

So I saw the Inside Man a few minutes ago... it just came out this weekend here. I don't know what the reviews are like out there, but it was a good movie to me. For those in Ken Saragosa's American Cinema class (am I only talking to Ellie here?) I think its a good movie to watch. Spike Lee has definitely progressed as a director, does that sound too condescending? Ok so what was good about the movie. Spike Lee's still Spike Lee where he keeps talking about racial issues, but he doesn't make them as clear cut this time as in his awesome movie Do the Right Thing. Clive Owen in the end says "respect is the only 'secure?' currency." And that's basically the underlying theme of the movie; or at least that's what I got out of it. In any case I think it was better than Crash, and more "real" even though the plot was about a successful bank robbery. And may I just say, Clive Owen is hot! Overall I'd call it a successful movie.

ps. I heard... Ken was selling drugs on campus. Is this a fact or is this a bunch of crap. I hope its the latter.

Good Hunting.

No comments: