Thursday, February 08, 2007

...callipygian...

a word introduced to me by a new JET (well not so new now) who belongs to the National SCRABBLE Association. I could possibly be the only person in my circle of friends to think this is totally cool so I won't talk about it any further. Just spreadin' the knowledge.

Anyway people (aka Times person of the Year), I've been away for awhile because this stupid blogger BETA crap has been keeping me off until I figured out a way in. Mind you, (using Allie's words) I've tried everything. I went to all the help links, read all articles that might be of some assistance, changed my passwords, tried to complain on a forum that only two people have managed to find so far, and profusely yelled at the beta blogger. But today I was determined and I didn't let the link "click here to continue" daunt me even though no matter how many times I clicked it showed absolutely no sign of a new page approaching. This is where I usually get worked up and quit, but today, I said hey what would happen if I right clicked and opened the link in a new window!? Ta dah~!

I have a feeling this is going to be long; I have a lot of pent up blog gotta let it out.

In November I went to see broadway RENT. If you don't know it you probably know the song from it "Seasons of Love" already even though you think you don't know it. The show was amazing, the reason I know this to be true is because even though I had a fever it was still worth watching. On the morning of the show I wasn't feeling too well but decided to go nonetheless. I was on the platform ready to switch trains when bleaaaah...on the platform and on myself. I tell my friend to leave me...I'm not going to make it, go.. But my Rent-obssessed friend wasn't about to let me give up, "no, Ann let's go!" the nice stationmaster is crouched next to me stalling the train waiting for my decision. So I go. I get on the train with bits of vomit on my jacket. My fellow passengers looked concerned as I boarded, but were kind enough to never directly look at me. I clean up as best as I can and I watch; and it was worth it. It was that good.

December I was craving some Christmas spirit so we cantered off to Tokyo Disneyland.






































After mooching off my aunt for the winter break, we go see "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street." We saw it in Japanese, but I reaaaaaaaaalllly liked it. Rent was very good, but Sweeney Todd has a touch of genius. No nauseating anecdotes for this show, but nonetheless good.

Up-comings: I'm headed for Hong Kong for Chinese New Years, and my aunt is taking me to Egypt in March. I'm actually so excited about this I can hardly contain myself. I've done so much research I can probably give the tour; had to fill the time with something. I've also turned in my papers to NOT recontract. It's official, I'm coming home! No aspirations to obtain a grad degree, but it seems like it's all the rage. What will I be doing once I return? Well I'm thinking any job in Human Resources where I can build some cred. Why HR? I think I'll do a decent job at it and I wont hate doing it for awhile. Maju still proposes I become a buyer, but shopping really isn't a skill. A good fashion sense is, but my fashion sense is at most debatable. So I've opted for a desk job, which I don't mind; I rather like toiling on pedantic details.
Movin' on. For those of you who've taken a fleeting gander at my callipygian teacher friend, I so to speak 'threw him a bone' and we went on a date; upon Allie's advice. Not only did the date have to be scheduled a month in advance, but he was...well boring. Also, it could be my imagination, but I think he kept looking at my boobs...the glimmer of eagerness in his eyes frightened me. (does this constitute a viable excuse?) mmmm Pass.
Ok that's about it fur now. I'll be hitting California shores in August. I don't really know what's in vogue in the states, but is Myspace the new Blogger? What's goin' on with Jess blogging on Myspace and neglecting her blogging duties at Blogger? hmmm the centripetal forces of Tila Tequila are greater than I suspected...maybe not.

Good Hunting.

2 comments:

Jack said...

ohhh! i am so satisified!

.fLoOreDFuN. said...

good blog! good blog!