Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

You guys have to help me...so I basically have two choices when it comes to housing: 1. I can live in an old house and pay $80 a month or 2. I can live in another location that's most likely better but pay $400-$500 a month (according to him should not be a problem on my salary). If I live in the house I would ride my bike 5-10min to school and 20min. to the center of the town (he suggests I get a car for rainy seasons, tch yea right and burn my savings). Also, if I move into the house I won't have to pay a big deposit. This is what he basically said about the house: "It's big, bigger than you need in fact. I trust with having been here you're familiar with tatami, well the living room is a massive 12 mat, bedroom 6 mat, spare room for drying clothes etc, big kitchen, small and quite grim bathroom. Hot water? No problem. Insulation? There is an air conditioner/ heater but only in the bedroom so the rest of the house is extremely cold in winter and unpleasant in summer. Other problems well the age and location of the house mean you get a fairfew interesting bugs and other small creatures for company, I'm not a fan of this particular feature! Again, because the house is old and detatched, in windy weather (which we get a lot of) the house kind of rattles noisily which can be quite scary. The location and traditional style of the house means you get very little ok no sunlight which can be a bit depressing and last on the list is a neighbour who is prone to occasional displays of psychosis." HaHaHaHa well as crazy as it might sound I'm rather torn. I'm okay with the heating situation. The only thing I don't like is the rattling and the exotic creepy crawlys that I will be rooming with, and the psychotic neighbor sort of scares me too...What should I do...?


Comments, Comments, Comments!!!

4 comments:

Sylvia West said...

I think you'll get used to the scariness of the house. And at least you know about problems with the house before you get there. I'm sure the other location has issues too, you just don't know what they are yet, except about having to pay more rent...

know thyself said...

i agree ... tough it out like me and take the house! way less rent than the other place = woo hoo!! and if u really don't like it when you get there, then you could always move. i think the bathroom would be the scariest for me and probably will be the same in my house (small and grimey!)

Jack said...

because of the information that you gave, i would have to say the house. since you will be close to other sua kids, they could come stay for extended periods of time? but do you know any more about the other place? is there any cons? other pros?

.fLoOreDFuN. said...

House. At least, with what you got posted here. The house is huge! Where is the house anyways? It's closer to the school and town?